Thursday, July 25, 2019

George Fox Moved to Recommend Meeting 2

Then was I moved of the Lord, to Recommend the setting up of Five Monthly Meetings of Men and Women in tne city of London (besides the Womens-Meetings , and the Quarterly-Meetings ) to take Care of God’s Glory , and to Admonish and Exhort such, as walked disorderly or carelesly , and not according to Truth. For whereas Friends had had only Quarterly Meetings ; now Truth was spread, and Friends were grown more Numerous, I was moved to Recommend the setting up of Monthly Meetings throughout the “Nation. And the Lord opened to me, and let me fee, What I must do, and how the Mens and Womens Monthly and Quarterly Meetings should be ordered and established in this Nation, and in other Nations ; and that I should Write to them, where I came not, to do the same.
Source: Journal of G.F. 1709 edition Part 2, pg. 96. [1667]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ministers bring people off formality.

Pr. Here he ſaith, We do utterly deny all their ways and doćtrines who exclude all teachings of men. See page 5. Anſ. Contrary to the ...